Aloha, we at Kama’ole Beach Club have selected our top five Maui Activities to highlight for you (see list below). If any of these don’t seem like your perfect adventure, we offer many more and are always available to describe them for you, including: The Road to Hana, Haleakala Sunrise, the Iao Valley excursion, and Polynesian Adventure Tours. We are here to help you fulfill your vacation dreams. For your convenience, we can arrange your activity through our office right here on property, Monday – Saturday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Kbc “Highlights Of Your Maui Experience” Top Five Picks!
1. THE PIIHOLO ZIPLINE, the best zipline on Maui! The 5 Line Tour is for the adventurous and is almost 4 hours long—on this tour you zip down the longest side by side line in Hawaii. The Canopy Tour zips you through the tree tops, and The Walking Tour is for members of your party not feeling zip ready. Tours range in price, please check with us on booking and pricing.
2. MAUI DIVE SHOP ALII NUI The new Alii Nui is a custom built, luxury sailing catamaran, 65′ from stem to stern and 36′ port to starboard. It is the premiere sailing catamaran on Maui and has the reputation for providing the ultimate in service and amenities. They offer a variety of cruises (Sunset Dinner Cruises, Morning Cruises, All Day Cruises offering breakfast, lunch and dinner, Snorkeling Excursions to Molokini or Turtle Point, which is a turtle “cleaning station” where wrasse congregate to clean the algae from turtle shells as they feed on the reef.) The Alii Nui provides the best snorkel equipment: premium silicone masks and US Divers Dry Impulse Snorkels. They also offer complimentary pick up and drop off at Kama‘ole Beach Club!! The cruises range in price. Please come check with us in the office, we can help you check availability and make your reservation. These are very popular so don’t wait.
3. THE HONUA’ULA LUAU AT THE GRAND WAILEA RESORT, voted Best Luau on the South Side, is a rich cultural experience that brings to life the ancient food, stories, songs, and dances of the Pacific islands. Honua’ula means “Sacred Lands” and refers to the Grand Luau’s physical setting which is surrounded by the rising slopes of Haleakala and the expansive azure blue of the Pacific Ocean. You will feast on kalua pig prepared in the ancient way, in an imu (underground oven), along with a generous variety of scrumptious regional fare and tasty tropical drinks. The entertainment is top notch and features their award-winning fire knife dancers. Feel the warm aloha, sea-side and under the palms and starry skies; you will never forget this magical experience. Children 3 and under are free with adult ticket price. Valet parking is free! Book your family luau today!
4. DISCOVER LANAI WITH TRILOGY We can help you visit another Hawaiian Island while you’re here. The trip offered to Hulopo’e Bay, Lanai is the original Discover Lana’i trip. The one-and-a-half-hour sail to Lanai (where you will snorkel at a private location that only Trilogy has the rights to visit) begins with an island style breakfast of homemade cinnamon rolls and fresh island fruits followed later by deli snacks. You may even see dolphins racing the boat as you head across the bay.
On this trip, besides sailing, swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing, you also get a guided tour (in an air-conditioned van) of Lana‘i’s historic plantation town, narrated by island-born and raised Hawaiian Cultural Guides. Then you will have a made-to-order Kiawe wood BBQ dinner, served at the Hale O Manele, overlooking gorgeous Manele Bay.
Please come to the office to book this extraordinary experience. This is a very popular activity, so come in soon so we can check on dates and book it for you.
5. MAUI’S STRIKE ZONE: SPORTS FISHING AT ITS BEST! Maui’s Strike Zone, a 43′ Delta departs from Ma’alaea Harbor, Maui at 6:30 AM and returns to dock at 12:30, for 6 SOLID hours of fishing! It typically takes about an hour to reach the most productive spots, and you may fish a few different locations on any given trip. Frequently caught species of fish include many varieties of snappers, trevally, wrasses, sea bass, and the occasional shark. Bottom fishing anglers are invited to keep their catch. The crew fillets the fish and gives it out to everyone on the boat to take home for dinner.
On the way to and from the bottom fishing destinations, the crew often high-speed trolls for big game, giving you a chance of hooking up to any or all of the classic big game trophy fish such as marlin, yellowfin and skipjack tuna, mahi mahi, and ono. Any bottom fishing anglers who are into experiencing the thrill of big game fishing are encouraged to participate at no additional cost.
The boat and crew are fantastic, KBC has pictures to prove the 3 mahi mahi we caught! Please come to office and get this adventure booked early!
Some Activities You Can Do On Your Own
The Maui Swap Meet is held every Saturday from 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM at the University of Hawaii Maui Campus, 310 W Kaahumanu Ave, Kahului. Part garage sale, farmer’s market, arts and crafts fair, florist shop, and souvenir store—it’s an open-air affair. Food trucks and food vendors are there to keep you fueled. It’s an adventure that is all about great bargains and lots of choices. There’s plenty of paved parking
Haleakala. A favorite time to ascend Haleakala is in the wee hours before sunrise—which is simply glorious. Beginning in 2017, reservations are required to enter the summit district between 3:00 and 7:00 AM. Go online to www.recreation.gov. You can make reservations up to 60 days in advance—the cost is $1.50 per car and is good for that day only. (The Park entrance fee is separate and is good for 3 days).
Don’t want to drive yourself? We can arrange for you to enjoy this 38-mile driving assent via a professional tour. (Ask at the front office)
No matter what time of day you visit, the views are spectacular (some are other-worldly, as in the photo above). Please dress warmly, wear long pants and bring a jacket—the elevation is 10,023 feet—it is cold and the air is thin.
The Road to Hana This drive is 64 miles of stunning as it winds around approximately 620 curves, and passes over 59 bridges, 46 of which are only one lane wide, and many of which date back to 1910. The road takes you through a lush, tropical rainforest and past spectacular waterfalls.
If you are not up for driving this adventurous road, we can make arrangements for you to join a professional tour. Just ask at the office and we can book it for you.
The Maui Ocean Center is an aquarium and oceanography center. Covering 3 acres, this facility is the largest tropical reef aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. It is also Maui’s number 1 attraction. The Aquarium is home to the world’s largest collection of live Pacific corals (faithfully replicating thriving marine ecosystems in every exhibit), and features a variety of Hawaii’s sharks, turtles, stingrays, and thousands of vibrant tropical fishes. Every species of marine life represented at the center is either indigenous or endemic to Hawaii.